Make fitness a family affair and head out to Acadiana’s second annual Fit Fest that will be held this Saturday morning from 7 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Moncus Park. This is a great event to engage and involve the whole family in creating a healthy lifestyle and getting inspired to move more.
One thing that makes Fit Fest unique is that there will be new fitness classes starting every hour on the hour. There will be 4 different stages/class areas, which means there are 4 new classes starting every hour on the hour.
The kids area will include:
- Family Fun Run – Meet at the Inflatable Finish line at either 8AM or 11AM TO WALK OR RUN THE PARK!
- Kids fitness classes
- Fun jumps
- Obstacle courses (put on by LA SOAR)
- Free face painting
- And more…
Kids Class Schedule Includes:
- 8am – Children’s Yoga by Down Dog
- 9am – Children’s Yoga with Stacy Barton
- 10am – Thea’s Dance Academy (Children’s Class)
- 11am – Headkicks KICKBOXING 4 KIDZ
Classes for Mom, Dad and Everyone Else Include:
Stage 1: Sponsored by Whole Foods
- 7am – Cajun Fitness – BodyCombat
- 8am – Cajun Fitness – BodyAttack
- 9am – Pure Barre
- 10am – Headkicks MMA & Fitness Club- Muay Thai Kickboxing
- 11am – Stretch Class
Stage 2: Sponsored by City Club
- 7am – Cycle Bar (20 Bikes)
- 8am – Cycle Bar (20 Bikes)
- 9am – Cycle Bar (20 Bikes)
- 10am – City Club – DEXercise
- 11am – Revive Performance Training – Team Conditioning
Stage 3: Sponsored by Core Power
- 7am – Reds – Yoga
- 8am- Down Dog Yoga
- 9am – Anytime Fitness -Burn
- 10am – Orange Theory Fitness
- 11am – Integrated Physical Therapy Pilates
Stage 4: Sponsored by Champagne’s Market
- 7am – Om @ Home – Yoga
- 8am – Stroller Fitness by Baby Bootcamp Lafayette
- 9am – Thea’s Dance Academy Stretch Class
- 10am – The Gladiator Academy
- 11am – I love Kickboxing
A few more details….
Cost and How to Register:
- Pre-Registration – which means you register online by Friday, October 6th is $10
- For the last minute planners, the pay at the gate fee is $20
- Kids-12 and under are FREE!!! Which means if your kids are younger than 13 years old you can have a busy morning filled with fitness and fun (aka – wear the kids out) for $20.
What do you get?
Well besides the obvious, which includes wearing your kids out and ensuring everyone takes an afternoon nap, here are few of the other things included:
- Unlimited fitness classes, you can take one class or one ever hour – the choice is yours.
- Water, sports drinks and coffee (sorry, no booze – but it is a family fitness event, so what did you expect?)
- Samples of snacks
- Access to some of the best resources for health and wellness tips and advice.
What you should bring:
- Water bottle
- Yoga mat (optional)
- Bug Spray
- Stroller or wagon
Oh, did I mention the Lafayette Moms Blog team will be there to meet you and your family??
We are so excited to meet you and share more about our goals with the blog. I will personally be there as well, sharing the details about Eat Fit Acadiana and how you can help me involve your favorite restaurant!